[pmwiki-users] AsciiMath syntax conflict

David Spitzley dspitzle at wash.k12.mi.us
Tue Jan 3 10:41:55 CST 2006

I've been making use of AsciiMath on my dissertation website at http://www.davidaspitzley.org/dissertation, and it's been working great, but I just ran into a definition problem.  When I attempt to display a lowercase delta, e.g.

{$ delta $}

It ends up displaying a del symbol (i.e. the d from a partial derivative), followed by a lowercase "ta".  Is there any way that I can bracket or delimit "delta" so that it is interpreted as a single element?  If not, I'm willing to add another entry to the ASCIIMathPHP.cfg.php file to allow the symbol to be displayed, but I just want to see if there's a workaround, or if perhaps something needs to be adjusted in the parsing code.

David