[pmwiki-users] Link to a non-existing page

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Mon Jan 9 19:14:18 CST 2006

Martin Fick wrote:
>   Well, that's part of the reason for:
> Cookbook/RemoveQuestionMark, specifically the group-wise
> section.
It looks like that removes the question mark, rather than changing the
link to a read link, ie, the link still opens the page in Edit mode.

>   But in the case of Categories, I think you still have the
> problem that you cannot do a pagelist and get the Categories
> which do not actually have a page.
Yeah, I've basically been struggling with this for a long time. The
GroupFooter mechnism very quickly outlives it's utility.

I find categories to be very powerful, but having to create a page for
each category, without a mechanism to monitor when new categories are
created provides a pretty open way to get things out of synch very quickly.

How do other people handle categories? Is there a way to pre-limit
categories, or to somehow know when a new category is used?

  ~ ~ Dave