[pmwiki-users] Blog proposal

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Jan 11 13:28:11 CST 2006

On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 07:14:11PM +0000, Hans wrote:
> Wednesday, January 11, 2006, 5:11:17 PM, Patrick wrote:
>
> > I never intended that blog entries could only exist on one trail page.
> > I've always been of the opinion that pages can exist on multiple
> > trails.  Even though it wasn't explicitly mentioned in my proposal,
>
> I am glad I just misunderstood your intentions.

As a general rule, I never tend to think in terms of one-to-one
mappings.  :-)

> It would be good if it is possible to have
>     'BlogArchive.{$CurrentMonth}' in the array, so the blog page gets
>     added to the current monthly archive. But I think this is very
>     easy to achieve.

Yes, and I think I'd like to have something a bit more parameterized
than having separate $CurrentMonth, $CurrentYear, etc. variables.

> And I suppose a pagelist generated from a trailpage should be quick
> and easy on the system.

Getting the list of pages from a trailpage is very quick and
easy on the system.  I'm still not entirely sure what the
impact of using markup templates for formatting the list is.