[pmwiki-users] Putting a list of "include" files on the edit page

scratch at keeptherubbersidedown.com scratch at keeptherubbersidedown.com
Sun Jan 15 13:00:02 CST 2006

How can I put a list of pages that I want to use as includes on my edit page? I'm a newbie, so it's OK to point me in the right direction as a first try. In other words, what do I search for or are there examples. For this purpose, the default skin is fine. I think I'll create these pages on some kind of admin page. I'm not (yet) planning to have the whole site PmWiki, just this one page I have to make every month.

Background, not needed to answer question.

A newbie here. I've looked at various wikis off and on and finally see the light and the power of PmWiki. I want to use it in two different ways. One is pretty much as intended—to allow non-Geek users to edit pages. So far no problems there.

The other relates to the question above where I want to use PmWiki to edit a monthly newsletter that lists our weekend mountain bike rides. For each weekend day, there is a date, ride description, leader contact information, directions to starting place, and starting time. I'll use PmWiki to set up a database of sorts. So I'll have an "include" for different starting places (different rides start from the same place), different leaders and contact information (leaders lead the same and different rides). A current example (written in raw HTML and then copied and mailed to a emailing list.) is at http://www.sbmbc.com/newsletter.php?c=200601. I want to get away from the tedious HTML editing. I'll accept simpler formatting that this may entail. My testing/development is at http://www.sbmbc.com/pmwiki-sbmbc/, although there isn't much to see and I know it's not done correctly.

Thanks for any hints.