[pmwiki-users] How can I set up a private area?

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jan 15 15:49:32 CST 2006

On 1/15/06, Neil Herber <nospam at eton.ca> wrote:
> At 2006-01-15  07:27 PM +0000, Hans is rumored to have said:
> >All page changes are posted to Site.AllRecentChanges. This includes
> >changes to pages in the private group. So it may be prudent to
> >restrict access to Site.AllRecentChanges, make it read protected like
> >the private group.
>
> To prevent posting of changes to the private group(s), add a file to
> /local with the name of the group like so:
>
> groupname.php
>
> The content of the file should be:
>
> <?php if (!defined('PmWiki')) exit();
> ##  This is here to kill recording of Private stuff in AllRecentChanges
> unset($RecentChangesFmt['Site.AllRecentChanges']);
>
> ?>

That third line should be
   unset($RecentChangesFmt["\$SiteGroup.AllRecentChanges"]);
or
   unset($RecentChangesFmt['$SiteGroup.AllRecentChanges']);

If you want to do it in config.php rather than in a separate script, try

   $thisgroup = FmtPageName('$Group', $pagename);
   if ($thisgroup == 'MyPrivateGroup') {
   unset($RecentChangesFmt['$SiteGroup.AllRecentChanges']); }

Better yet, leave Site/AllRecentChanges alone, read-protect that page,
and create a Main/AllRecentChanges expressly for non-private users.
Here's some code to do that in config.php:

   $thisgroup = FmtPageName('$Group', $pagename);
   if ($thisgroup != 'MyPrivateGroup') {
   $RecentChangesFmt['Main.AllRecentChanges'] =
     '* [[$Group.$Name]]  . . . $CurrentTime $[by] '
       .'$AuthorLink: [=$ChangeSummary=]';
   }

Hagan