[pmwiki-users] UserAuth-only edit problem...

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 07:25:18 CST 2006

> Message: 11
> Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 07:44:08 +0100
> From: muab ila <muab_ila at gmx.net>
> Subject: [pmwiki-users] UserAuth-only edit problem...
> To: pmwiki-users at pmichaud.com
>
> heyas!
>
> im having some "problem" with only displaying the edit link
> to authorized people as in http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/UserAuth
>
> (:if loggedin true:) [ Edit ] [ View ] (:if:) does work, but would mean
> that users would have wo paste this line to every page they create and
> i couldntt expect this.
>
> i tried 2 ways i thought they would work:
>
> 1) creating a footer, but i couldnt realize a self link (as in php $self)
>
> 2) the better way: place something in the template, but i dont have a
> clue what.....
>

> could anybody give me the hint?

Well, I would first suggest you look into AuthUser as it seems (to me,
at least) to be ready to replace UserAuth (although user admin still
takes some juggling IMO).

Second, I published a recipe on how to add CMS behavior using AuthUser
that may come in handy. In the alternative, there is the original
UserAuth recipe.

Specifically, the AuthUserCMSLike shows how to add a wiki page to a
template, for those who may not have figured that out on their own.
:-)

* http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CMSLike
* http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/AuthUserCMSLike

--