[pmwiki-users] Switching Hosts

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Mon Jan 16 11:11:31 CST 2006

Followed your process, and now have exactly the same problem -- the
category footer isn't playing :) Everything went pretty smoothly (notes
below), with no major errors or deviations.

I also now have a problem with with wiki.d/counter attributes

  ~ ~ Dave

H. Fox wrote:
> On 1/15/06, DaveG <pmwiki at solidgone.com> wrote:
>
>>I'm stumped. I've tried downloading my current site, and uploading to
>>the new host. I change the config file. The Category.Groupfooter does
>>not seem to get applied to pages in the Category group.
>>
>>I've tried using two different FTP clients. I've downloaded, and
>>reuploaded three times, deleting everything except the wiki.d directory
>>(I deleted the content of wiki.d though), to retain the permissions on
>>the directory which I let pmwiki create.
>>
>>Any help would be appreciated.
>

> Do you have shell access?  If so, I'll take a shot at it.  (Even if
> not, you might be able to "translate" to what you can do with the
> tools you have available.)
>
> Upload the old site, in its entirety data and all, to the pmwiki/
> directory.  Better yet would be to zip the old site and unzip it to
> the new one.
>
> First, assure all directories and files from the old site are readable
>
>    find -type d pmwiki | xargs chmod 755 *
>    find -type f pmwiki | xargs chmod 644 *
The find command failed. I moved the -type arg to after the folder name:
     find pmwiki -type d | xargs chmod 755 *
     find pmwiki -type f | xargs chmod 644 *

However, this set attributes on all folders so I could not read anything
:) I manually changed all folders to 755 and files to 644 via TP client.