[pmwiki-users] Automatic reloading of modified page

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 06:06:00 CST 2006

Hi

Here's an idea I just had... would it be possible to make a page reload
automatically through some Java script? This is the scenario:

Someone is editing a page extensively and frequently wants to see what it
looks like. One solution is to use the preview functionality. Another
solution is to pop up a second window showing the same page and instead of
'preview' use 'Save and Edit'. Then you reload the second window to see
what's changed.

My question is now if it's somehow possible to get the second window to
automatically reload itself when the page is changed?  I'm guessing
standard HTML won't suffice here, but maybe some Javascripting could do
this?

Hmm... or can you send a reload-command to another page?

/Christian