[pmwiki-users] lots of problems when redirecting or rewriting URLs

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Wed Jan 18 22:03:00 CST 2006

Waylan: Appreciate the response, but I'm a little confused about what
you're suggesting -- I think all the references to multiple index.php's
are get mixed.

Waylan Limberg wrote:
> On 1/17/06, DaveG <pmwiki at solidgone.com> wrote:
>> I tried the Alias approach. I put the line in pretty much every location
>> on my .htaccess with 500 errors each time.
>>
>> I checked in /var/log, but there is no apache or apache2 directory. I
>> tried writing the rewrite log to the /var/log directory, but I presume
>> there is a privs issue as the log file was never created.
>>
>> So, now I'm back to rewrite. I just have the last step to make.
>> From: http://xxx/~nepherim/pmwiki/Main/Homepage
>> To:   http://xxx/~nepherim/Main/Homepage
>
> baes upon previous comments, I'm assuming your using an index.php
> file.
Correct, I have an index.php in my pmwiki directory:
    <?php
    include('pmwiki.php');

> Try putting the index.php file at http://xxx/~nepherim/index.php
> which contains:
>
>   <?php
>   chdir('pmwiki');
>   include('pmwiki.php');
I have this.

> Then make sure your rewrite rules are in the .htacess file in the same
> dir as index.php pointing to said index.php.
Here I think you mean that I move my .htaccess to
http://xxx/~nepherim/.htaccess. Although I'm not sure what you mean by
"same dir as index.php pointing to said index.php."

> Then, the index.php file
> sould include pmwiki/pmwiki.php and run as if its in the pmwiki/
> directory.
Not sure which index.php you mean here. The one in /~nepherim/pmwiki/ or
in /~nepherim/. I'm how either location would work.