[pmwiki-users] action=ruletable

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Jan 22 08:48:03 CST 2006

On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 03:01:18PM +0100, Pierre-Marie CARETTE wrote:

> > for pm and joachim
> >
> > .......pmwiki.php5?  action=ruletable    doesn't work
> > BUT
> > .......pmwiki.php?  action=ruletable    works
> >

> perhaps it's the same with sectionedit.php :
>
> with php 4 sectionedit.php : works
> with php5 : [...]

Older versions of PHP 4 would automatically (and silently)
convert non-array values into arrays if passed to array_merge.
PHP 5 doesn't do that -- it generates the error message instead.

Programmers in PHP 4 could therefore call array_merge without
having to worry if the arguments were arrays (or even initialized),
but in PHP 5 there must be an explicit cast to make sure the
elements are arrays.  I suspect that sectionedit.php needs to
have the cast added somewhere.

It could also be a problem with your PHP 5 installation.