[pmwiki-users] Uploads broken if ScriptUrl has no /

Kurt Devlin kurt.devlin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 09:40:50 CST 2006

If the $ScriptURL variable does not contain a slash, then the uploads
functionality is broken.

I originally added this issue as
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00645before I subscribed to this list.
I thought I'd bring it up here to see if
my approach at addressing this issue was OK and it the PITS should be
closed.

We originally had our $ScriptURL set to "
http://my-project.my-company.com/wiki". I had a new DNS entry added for our
server and was able to setup a VirtualHost to generalize the $ScriptURL to
not be project-centric, but to be more inclusive to our whole department.
The new $ScriptURL is "http://my-department-wiki.my-company.com". Please
note, the "/wiki" at the end of the URL is now resolved by the VirtualHost.

Everything appeared to work fine, except uploads. The links for any uploaded
files now appeared as "http:/uploads/Group/file.ext", without any base URL.

I tried several things to get this to work, but settled on setting
$UploadUrlFmt to be "http://my-department-wiki.my-company.com/uploads". This
is not a standard variable that is set in the sample config.php or mentioned
extensively in the documentation, so I feel a little tentative about using
this solution. I'm concerned that future enhancements to uploads will change
or break this functionality.

Is this a bug or does the documentation just need to be updated to point out
this issue?

Thanks in advance,
Kurt

Version: 2.1 beta 14