[pmwiki-users] Automatic reloading of modified page

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 08:55:19 CST 2006

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:

> >... Ajax request ...
>
> I don't really know Ajax, but do we really need it when all we need to do
> is get a javascript to check the modification time of a page?

Just so it isn't forgotten... this page actually contains an example of
doing exactly what is desired:

	http://www.pointless.org.uk/javascript_automatic_page_reloader.php

Not sure how/if it requires/uses AJAX though. As for modification date, it
seems that needs to be supplied with the page header as "Last-Modified".

> I would however like to know if the idea is sound, and if I should add it
> to PITS?

/Christian