[pmwiki-users] CSS magic for right-aligned text on the same line? (progress-bar)

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 12:32:54 CST 2006

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> Try something like:
>
> !! %rfloat% progress 1 %% Task 1
> * Item 1
> * Item 2
>
> !! %rfloat% progress 2 %% Task 2
> * Item 1
> * Item 2
>
> See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/RightFloat .

Hi Patrick

I've gotten things to float to the right, but I have a problem with the
floats interfering with each other. See for instance

	http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/Float

where

	* item 1 %rfloat% bla bla bla %%
	* item 2 %rfloat% bla bla bla %%

renders as follows (when viewed in an old Netscape, but not Opera)

	* item 1				bla bla bla
	* item 2                     bla bla bla

What can I do about this? It looks fine on screen in Opera, but prints
badly. I assume that what is happening is that the floating objects
interfere with each other vertically, and to prevent them from being
displayed on top of each other they are positioned differently
horizontally. So I need to do some 'break' magic here I guess, but how?

/Christian