[pmwiki-users] 404 Not Found

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 15:24:13 CST 2006

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006, H. Fox wrote:

> On 1/25/06, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
> <christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Just a thought... right now you get a listing of all pages in the
> > "current" group, but what if you spelled the name of group incorrectly?
> >
> > Is there some way to get the page to automatically add a list of all
> > groups?
>
> You should do that *only* when it's highly likely someone has
> misspelled a group name.  Providing the list of groups is decidedly
> non-helpful otherwise.
>
> If you're trying to *reduce* confusion, providing more choices is not
> always better!

What... are we trying to *reduce* confusion!!! ;-)

Ok, seriously. I agree with you, it's not such a great idea to by default
list all the pages in the "current" group, nor all groups.

What if we added these as possibilites instead? I.e. something like

	If none of the alternatives above is right, you may want to:
	* [[List all groups of wiki pages -> (magic-link-here)]]
	* [[List all pages in the group {$Group} -> (magic-link-here)]]

	Or you may want to do a search for the wiki page:
	(:searchform:)

Maybe this would reduce the confusion?

/Christian