[pmwiki-users] Read RSS feeds

Jean DEMARTINI jean.d.demartini at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jan 26 01:11:36 CST 2006

H. Fox a écrit :
> On 1/24/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>
>> You can do this in config.php with one line:
>>
>>   $FeedFmt['rss']['item']['title'] = '{$Group} / {$Title} @ $ItemISOTime';
>>

> Is there a way to include a nicer-looking date/time string?
>
> Instead of
>
>     2006-01-26T01:05:34Z
>
> I'd like to have
>
>     2006-01-25 6:05p
>
> Hagan

It was not a way to insert a nice looking date/time string, it was
simply a quick (&dirty because I was in a hurry) way to overcome the
fact that many feeds readers relies only on the title of an item to
display it as a new one. Then it is necessary to create a new item title
each time the corresponding page is updated. A timestamp has been chosen
only because it is readily available - but it is redondant as the date
is typically displayed by itself (even if not tested) by feeds readers
tools.

A better solution would probably be to insert a version number
automatically updated each time a page is modified. I'm working on that
presently, but it is necessary to manage version numbers (as the concept
of major/minor modification exists, I will try to use it).

JDem