[pmwiki-users] LinkIMap() documentation (Was: ...)

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 08:33:55 CST 2006

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> I'll start with LinkIMap().

I'm placing it here:

	http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/LinkIMap

I got the syntax from pmwiki.php:

	LinkIMap($pagename,$imap,$path,$title,$txt,$fmt=NULL)

and I'm guessing that $pagename is the usual. But what about the rest?

If it's primarily MakeLink() that invokes LinkIMap, I'm guessing the
arguments above are as follows:

* $imap = the scheme?
* $path = the path, i.e. the stuff after the scheme??
* $title = ????
* $txt = the link text, as per MakeLink()
* $fmt = the format string, as per MakeLink()

Looking at MakeLink(), I see that it supplies the $title from the result
of a regexp match. So the first question is how you specify the title in
the link markup, is that:

	[[ link text -> target | title ]]suffix
	[[ target | link text | title ]]suffix

And for the case of LinkIMap, we can break this down further into:

	[[ link text -> scheme:path | title ]]suffix
	[[ scheme:path | link text | title ]]suffix

/Christian

PS. Isn't there some kind of 'tag' or something that should be added to
this page to indicate that it's very advanced documentation? And
similarly, what's the category for these pages?