[pmwiki-users] AuthUser or UserAuth?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jan 26 11:21:58 CST 2006

On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 08:41:14PM +1300, Allister Jenks wrote:
>    I like the idea of the admin interfaces and users being able to change
>    their own password offered by UserAuth, but am not sure if it fits the
>    bill per above.  As a techie, I can cope with editing of password files,
>    but it would be nice if my wife (who will be coming up with the content)
>    could set up new users via the browser.

In the latest release of PmWiki and AuthUser, it's relatively easy
to set up new users via a browser.  Simply edit the Site.AuthUser
page, and then add a line that looks like:

    alice: (:encrypt apassword:)

where "alice" is the username to be added and "apassword" is the
password for that user.  When the page is saved, PmWiki will replace
the (:encrypt:) part with the encrypted form of the password.

To remove a user, simply remove the user's entry from the Site.AuthUser
page.  To reset a user's password, simply replace the encrypted
password with another (:encrypt ...:) string.