[pmwiki-users] Printing otherwise hidden http and mailto

Greg scratch at keeptherubbersidedown.com
Thu Jan 26 15:53:48 CST 2006

Is there a way to have the http://foo.com and mailto:email at foo.com print but not show when viewed "normally?"

I'm using the default pmwiki skin. Typically I code an email as [[mailto:email at foo.com | someName]]. And this of course shows "someName" and clicking goes to the default email program. That is fine. But when someone prints out our newsletter, I'd like the it to print with the email address and someName since the printed newsletter might be handed off to someone.

In my pre PmWiki version I had set up my printing .css to print all the URLs and email addresses that are shown as a name or title of the site. I can't remember how it was done (I just used someelse's idea), it is pretty straightforward with HTML mark up. I haven't delved into the CSS and how it's used in PmWiki.

Thanks for any help or direction to this PmWiki newbie.

--------

Old way: http://sbmbc.com/newsletter.php?c=200601 (If you print this the URL's and mailto info will print.)

PmWiki way: http://www.sbmbc.com/pmwiki-sbmbc/pmwiki.php?n=News.200602?action=print