[pmwiki-users] passwords

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Fri Jan 27 03:26:21 CST 2006

Friday, January 27, 2006, 7:43:27 AM, Phil wrote:
>     $DefaultPasswords['edit'] = crypt('edit_password');
> In the documentation I have trouble telling when I need to
> substitue my own specific data into the command line.
> For example, do I need to change 'edit_password" to the actual
> password for editing or just leave it as
> 'edit_password' ?

You need to change edit_password to your own chosen password.

And as Dominique said this password is readable for anyone with access
to the php scripts, so if you use a site hosted on a shared server by
another company you may wish to encrypt your password. You can do so
from within pmwiki by adding ?action=crypt to any page url in the
browser address bar. This brings up an encryption dialogue page, where
you enter the password of your choice and pmwiki will return an
encrypted version of it. This string you need to use in your
config.php to set the password, replacing the  crypt('edit_password')
with the string in '....' marks.

Best,
~Hans