[pmwiki-users] Group name variables

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 22:06:44 CST 2006

On 1/24/06, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
<christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Jan 2006, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 05:12:08PM +0100, Tim Ahrentlov wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I need to check for group names (like site, main, etc) in config.php Are

> Given how frequent this question is, maybe the above deserves its own
> function? Perhaps
>
>         $group = DetermineNameOfGroup($pagename);

Hmm, perhaps one of these would be better:
ValidateGroupName();
CheckGroup();
GetGroupName():

I think I like the last one best although I'm not sure if we should
drop the 'Name'???

> would work. Not sure were to document it though...  how about:
>
>         http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Functions
>         http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/FmtPageName
>
> or perhaps we don't need a function, and the snippet of code could go into

That would work too. Although it could easily be missed in the mix.
Then again, why create a function if it is never used elsewhere?