[pmwiki-users] Simple Forum -- Can't create new posts

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Jan 28 20:33:17 CST 2006

On Sat, Jan 28, 2006 at 11:42:36PM +0000, Hans wrote:

> But the strangest thing is i got it working on your site by changing
> the GroupFooter to use the same custom form markup i use on my site,
> which includes page variables.
> {$FullName} and {$Author} seem to be translated fine, but
> action={$PageUrl} is not translated. And still it works!

{$FullName} and {$Author} have existed for a long time (prior to 2.0.0
even), beta15 simply introduced {$PageUrl} and the ability to grab
values from other pages.

Perhaps {$PageUrl} is working because it gets replaced by a null
string, and whenever a <form> tag has an empty action= attribute,
it means to post to the current url (which happens to be the url of
the current page, conveniently enough :-).