[pmwiki-users] Image Thumb Link Capability

Fick, Martin fick at fgm.com
Sun Jan 29 19:41:29 CST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominique Faure [mailto:dominique.faure at gmail.com]

2006/1/29, Fick, Martin <fick at fgm.com>:
> >  Then I have:
> >
> >  (:thumb Photos.Image1 :)
> >
> >  This works like a PageVariable, it will look at
> >  the Photos.Image1 wiki page and find the first
> >  (:photo:) markup and create a thumbnail size image
> >  of it linking the thumbnail to the Photos.Image1
> >  page.  This might eventually be better off using
> >  some form of page PageVariable such as
> >  (:thumb {Photos.Image1$Photo}:), this would require
> >  the (:photo:) directive to set a page variable.
>

> IMHO, few steps further could lead to a kind of fmt=thumb option for
> the (:pagelist:) directive...
> ... which being associated with a trail in the
> Photos.Group(Header|Footer) would be interesting, no?

  Yes, I do something similar on my site.  With the
pagelist templates this is easy.  You can create
thumbnail indexes of your albums if they are
defined using a wiki trail.  You can also create
a "viewing" size view of all your photos in an album
(trail) on one page for those who want it.  I find
this is actually a lot easier to view then a slideshow
which never seems to be the right speed, just put
all your photos on one LARGE page. :)

  As for the trails, I use the DynamicWikiTrails
recipe, which should work much better (no longer
needs the trail patch) with the latest beta since
pmwiki now allows query strings in trails.  I put
the dynamic trail markup in the Photos.GroupFooter
as you suggest.  To see a sample, try:
http://www.theficks.name/Carrera/TeakDoorHandles
it's a little slow on my poor pentium 200 :(

  -Martin