[pmwiki-users] persistence of login (hello?)

David Spitzley dspitzle at wash.k12.mi.us
Mon Jul 10 14:15:37 CDT 2006

>>> "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> 07/10/06 3:06 PM >>>
On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 10:24:23AM +1000, Kathryn Andersen wrote:
> Posting this again, since it seems to have dropped off the radar.
>
> I am running PmWiki for our intranet at work, and users have been
> complaining that they keep on getting logged out; they want the login to
> last as long as the browser is open, but they log in, do stuff, and then
> come back the next day to find that they've been logged out again.

I don't know of an obvious way to do this.  PmWiki uses PHP sessions
to manage most of its login information, and by default PHP expires
sessions after approximately 24 minutes of inactivity.

PHP also allows writing of standard, non-session cookies.  Since this is going to run on an intranet, would it be reasonable to build a recipe that checks for a persistent cookie whenever there isn't a valid session cookie, and if one exists uses it to automatically log the user back in and establish a new session?

David