[pmwiki-users] Troubleshooting help - flock and passwords

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Jul 12 15:41:39 CDT 2006

On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 03:34:38PM -0500, Michael Gleicher wrote:
> After weeks of working really well, my pmwiki powered wiki has all of a
> sudden developed two problems:
>
> 1) Whenever I do anything that needs to be authorized (post an edit to a
> page, view a protected page, use "commentbox" to add to a page), I get
> an error about not being able to acquire a lock.

Have you checked the permissions on the wiki.d/ directory?  Perhaps
the ownership of the directory has changed.  In particular, try
doing

    chmod 777 wiki.d

and see if things start working again.

Since things were working and then suddenly stopped, I'm guessing that
your system administrator has either gone through and modified
directory permissions, or changed the PHP configuration suddenly in
a way that causes things to stop working.

> 2) My password seems to be forgotten all of the time. Everytime it needs
> to check to see if its me, it asks for my passwords again.

Sounds like the session.save_path isn't being set correctly or
has changed.  You could try creating an explicit directory for
session.save_path and using that (be sure that directory has
write permissions).

Is there a url we could look at?