[pmwiki-users] no password form prompt

Jeff Muday jefmud at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 11:56:08 CDT 2006

All,

I think this is a simple question having to do with the version of PHP
or access restrictions associated with the site.

On my local installation (Debian Linux) when I set a password to edit
a particular page that has password edit protection, and I select
?action=edit, I get the password prompt.  This works just fine.

On my remote installation (AIX, php version 3.0.16) I am not the
superuser of the system.
PMWiki works fine until I try to password protect a page--

When I set a password on a page, and then select ?action=edit
the page presents a *blank* content area rather than the password form
and I am unable to get to editing the page.  I have to manually remove
the password with a text editor to regain control.

The page HTML that was generated for the page abrutly halts, see snippet below.

<!--/PageLeftFmt-->

<!--PageActionFmt-->
-- HTML stops at this point --

Is there a configuration solution or workaround that I can perform?  I
can't change the PHP version or settings since I am not the
administrator.  The site will not permit "open" editing by anonymous
users.

thanks,
JM