[pmwiki-users] Upgrading & switching sites

Donald Z. Osborn dzosborn at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 10:01:54 CDT 2006

A couple of months ago I posted a question re upgrading and transferring
PmWiki and got some helpful replies. In the end I upgraded on the old site
as some suggested with no problem (just some questions re approve sites,
already answered) and only recently have attempted the transfer. What I'm
doing is moving the wiki to a new account (with new URL) on the same server.

What I just tried is to copy the entire set of files from the original
location to the new location. This shortcut seemed to make sense, although I
figured there would probably be some small issues that would cause a
problem. Actually the process went well and the wiki is readable on the new
site.

However... there is a set of problems:
1. The "View  Edit  History  Print " options normally near the top right on
each page are not there

2. The following message appears at the bottom -
Warning: fopen(wiki.d/.flock): failed to open stream: Permission denied in
/home/httpd/vhosts/[URL, path & file here, for each respective page] on line
401
PmWiki can't process your request
Cannot acquire lockfile
We are sorry for any inconvenience

3. A similar message to #2 is generated if I click on "Edit" or "Search" at
the bottom of each page.

Is this a simple matter of making a change to line 401? (If so, where? - it
does not appear to be in the config file)? Or do I have to go through some
more elaborate penance?

TIA...

Don Osborn