[pmwiki-users] EasyGallery improvements - photo name

Carlos carlos.ab at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 13:35:17 CDT 2006

Em Quarta 19 Julho 2006 22:03, Pico escreveu:
> Martin Fick wrote:
> > More thought on Easy Gallery improvements:
> >
> > There is a larger underlying problem with automating
> > the pagelists for galleries, and that is: getting the
> > name of the photo from the name of the page since a
> > pagelist returns the page name.
> >
> > Usually the name of the page starts with a capital,
> > but the name of the photo might be all lowercase.
> > This is the scheme used in EasyGallery but a naming
> > scheme could easily be even worse.  The only simple
> > way around this is to make sure that your photo names
> > match (case included) your page names.  This is
> > difficult since pagenames have to start with a
> > capital.  If we do not bow to this restriction this
> > leaves us with the need to somehow extract the name of
> > the photo from its wiki page.  There are several
> > approaches that could be used here:
> >
> > 1) Define a page variable containing the photo name
> > using the Page Variable Extensions recipe.
> >
> > 2) Somehow get the name from attachlist?
> >
> > 3) Define a custom pagelist variable that will
> > translate the names from upper to lowercase for you
> > (if that is your simple naming scheme)
> >
> > 4) Use Page Variable Extensions to translate the names
> > from upper to lowercase for you  (again, if that is
> > your simple naming scheme)
> >
> > 5) I actually used a custom approach, I defined a
> > (:photo photoname.jpg:) markup which has several
> > features one of them being a naming piece, the name is
> > available in various markups which know how to look on
> > the page for the photo directive and extract the photo
> > name.
>
> or, sticking with the available features included in the core:
>
>   6) Use the existing title directive and page variable
>
>   7) Use the existing description directive and page variable
>
>   8) Include a designated portion of the page based on location (first
> line) or anchors
>
>   9) Provide a caption with the thumbnail markup and allow the caption
> to be included with the thumbnail
>
> Pico

I not sure if it helps but maybe css would be helpfull to give an answer to
some of the itens above. I have found a tutorial that shows how to use css to
make a photo gallery where the rows are filled depending on the layout -
fixed or liquid. Also css has some tricks to change caps.

Maybe it can help, so here it is.

http://css.maxdesign.com.au/floatutorial/tutorial0405.htm

CarlosAB