[pmwiki-users] Let notify.php send the selfstanding "real thing" insead of a simple link?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jul 24 18:19:19 CDT 2006

On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 12:25:20AM +0200, kirpi at kirpi.it wrote:
> I wonder if it is possible to extend notify.php with one more
> parameter which, if set, allows it to send the page content just like
> Cookbook/TellAFriend does, besides/instead_of the bare link to the
> page.
> I guess it should be useful to many, for many possible reasons.

You want to send the entire page content?  What if the page is
very long, or if a lot of pages are updated in a short period of
time?  Or if there are a lot of small edits before an email is sent--
should there be a copy of the entire page for each edit...?

This can be done (at a cost of disk space) -- I'm not sure it
can be done well.