[pmwiki-users] Data storage recipe

The Editor editor at fast.st
Wed Jul 26 11:20:02 CDT 2006

Hi all!

I finally decided to tackle my data storage problem myself, and may be
close to a solution.  The build forms recipe does most of what I want
but it stores the data in group.page.val files.  The biggest problem
is these are unsearchable (and uneditable).

I changed all the ".val's" to "-val's" in the recipe with no ill
effect, but found it was still unsearchable.  When I look at the page
Group.Page-val it appears blank.

Using a text editor I notice when buildforms saves the "-val" page, it
simply has the following format:

name1:value1
name2:value2
name3:value3
etc.

When I inspect a page created in PmWiki I see various header and
footer info.  If I manually insert the lines above into the page (so
it now has the headers and footers) it suddenly becomes searchable.
And the data is still retrievable, though it adds an "=" to the end of
each line.

Question: what pmwiki function is needed to save the data in standard
pmwiki form (the function that wraps the page contents with the
appropriate headers and footers), and if possible, where do I need to
insert that in buildforms.php?

And second, what php function to use to modify the build forms read
function so it trims off the last letter of the string (the "=").

With these two changes it should make the perfect solution.

Cheers,
Caveman