[pmwiki-users] Newbie Q. Creating my own pages (am I being silly?)

Chris Cox ccox at airmail.net
Thu Jun 1 00:06:34 CDT 2006

locc2 wrote:
> So I'm new to this....
>
> I have PMWiki downloaded and installed on my web server. I've followed
> the config and basic set-up instructions. I have a working wiki (hurray!).
>
> BUT what I have is the PMwiki documentation and startup pages - which I
> can edit and add to etc. I can add new pages.  I can add groups. But I'm
> missing (ie not understanding) how I start a new 'blank' wiki ! Surely I
> don't delete and amend all the PMWiki stuff that's already there. Please
> could somebody let me know how I start off a nice new empty blank wiki.

Actually, you can just start creating your own stuff... create
your own Main.HomePage and start linking off that.  You can edit
and replace the Site.SideBar easily enough as well.

It's a wiki... so it's designed to be a changing thing.

You can remove the wiki.d/PmWiki.* (and possibly others) when you feel
confident in doing so.