[pmwiki-users] Newbie Q. Creating my own pages (am I being silly?)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jun 1 12:24:55 CDT 2006

On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 11:03:36AM +0200, kjettil wrote:
>    I (still) fail to understand why it's not possible/pertinent to have
> the documentation separated from the core, as a separate download - for
> use if and when needed.

Oh, it's certainly possible to separate the documentation from the
core; as far as I know you're the first person to explicitly request
that.

If there's a strong consensus that the documentation should be
a separately downloaded module, we can certainly make that the
case.  So far I've seemed to hear more comments that appreciate
having the documentation locally available than comments saying
it shouldn't be there.

We could also leave the documentation in the distribution, but
segregate it from the Site.* and other pages so that it's easily
removed from a site via a simple configuration setting.