[pmwiki-users] Edit preview and page view can render Profiles link differently

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Fri Jun 2 08:46:32 CDT 2006

At 2006-06-02  09:27 AM -0400, Curtis, Clayton is rumored to have said:
>While working my way through the various pages on AuthUser, I
>happened to notice that Hagan Fox's profile link in the Contributors
>section of the AuthUser page
>(http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/AuthUser) was "undefined"
>(i.e., wanted to generate a new page).  So, wanting to contribute as
>a low-level sanitation worker, I went to try to "fix" it and
>discovered that it renders just fine in the Preview.

I don't have an answer for Clayton, but I did look at the AuthUser
page and it appears to need some updating and clean up.

For such an important topic, the directions need to be clear and
concise. I don't have time to do anyhting right now,but I will when I
can, and I would encourage anyone else to take a crack at it. One
problem I see is that comments and requests are obscuring the basic
content. There are some excellent suggestion stubs that could be
expanded upon, too.

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/