[pmwiki-users] Session Cookie Problem

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Fri Jun 2 16:27:09 CDT 2006

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> That's correct.  PmWiki remembers every password entered during a
> session, so once someone enters the admin password, they are never
> prompted for a password again until something happens to cause PmWiki
> to "forget" the current session's passwords.

Even when AuthUser is being used? I've noticed a bug when setting up
protected pages that might be related to this.

It was hhappening with the beta series and still happens with 2.1.5.

When I'm switching back and forth between someone with read/edit
priviledges (User) and the admin user (Super), sometimes {$Author}
(displayed in the sidebar) will be wrong.

I know it will show Super when I think I'm logged in as User, yet have
only User's priviledges. Not sure if the login was following a
logout/login sequence or for some other reason. Yeah, not a terribly
useful description.

Site is www.cricket.onebit.ca . The wikicode showing the problem is
(:if authid:)
!User: {$Author}

I hope to have sufficient brain cells available in a few months to
experiment more and take notes. These days I do things more by trial and
error than by understanding.

Sandy