[pmwiki-users] Upgrade concerns with Site.PageListTemplates

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Jun 3 12:33:21 CDT 2006

On Sat, Jun 03, 2006 at 07:44:42AM -0500, Tegan Dowling wrote:
> On 6/2/06, Martin Fick <mogulguy at yahoo.com> wrote:
> <Snip>
> > ... if templates are needed for the main pmwiki
> > site, but the pages using them are not going to make
> > it into the distro (say Cookbook pages) then these
> > templates should be somewhere else and not on this
> > page (this is just a thought, I don't know if there
> > are actually any cases of this.)
>
> Although my personal tendancy is toward "more is better", I think I
> agree that a gate-keeper for this page would be wise.  While I don't
> see a problem with having people add formats, I do see the potential
> for people to change existing ones that they consider need "fixing".
>
> As for fmts used by individual, non-distro pages, lets not forget that
> the fmt needed for an ad hoc pagelist can be placed right there on the
> same page.

In fact, since it's now possible for us to have a list of pages
to be searched for template, we could always set:

    $FPLTemplatePageFmt = array(
      '{$FullName}',
      '{$SiteGroup}.LocalTemplates',
      '{$SiteGroup}.PageListTemplates');

which would look first in the current page for the requested
pagelist template before looking at Site.LocalTemplates and
Site.PageListTemplates.