[pmwiki-users] self-registering for notification emails

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Jun 4 18:23:17 CDT 2006

On Sun, Jun 04, 2006 at 05:09:42PM -0500, Tegan Dowling wrote:
> I'm just glad I'm able to understand correctly how it *does* work.
>
> One last thing:  I observe that on the page Site.NotifyList, the
> instructions can be set up this way, and still appear to work:
>
> (:if false:)
>     notify=user1 at example.com etc group=XYY squelch=86400
> (:if:)
>
> Is that as straight-forward as it seems - I can hide them via (:if
> false:) and they'll still operate?

Yes, that's correct.  Directives such as (:include:), (:if:), etc.
only have an effect when the page is actually displayed.  If the
page is being used as the source for another operation -- such as
in Site.PageListTemplates, Site.AuthUser, Site.NotifyList, or trails,
then the directives don't have any impact (because the page isn't
being displayed, just used as a data source).