[pmwiki-users] self-registering for notification emails

Américo Albuquerque aalbuquerque at lanowar.sytes.net
Mon Jun 5 08:06:32 CDT 2006

Hello

----- Original Message -----
Subject: Re: [pmwiki-users] self-registering for notification emails
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 23:00:54 -0400
From: Pico

 > Very interesting, but now I'm confused: the (:if:) directive is used
 > extensively in the Site.PageListTemplates. Can you please explain when
 > you have a chance.

The (:if:) in the Site.PageListTemplates are not used when page list
gets the intended text. In fact, (:pagelist:) gets the text with all the
markup between the [[#labels]] marked by the fmt attribute. Is when the
result is rendered to be displayed that those (:if:) and all other
markup is executed. That's why you can hide parts of the list from
direct view but the page still work as expected.

In the Site.AuthUser I normally use (:if authid:) in normal users and
(:if admin:) in admin users definitions. The script still gets the
correct user and password but that info only is displayed when a user
with the appropriate permissions logs in. That means that normal users
won't see the definitions of admin users and non-authenticated viewers
only see a empty page (or whatever is outside the (:if:) parts)

Americo Albuquerque