[pmwiki-users] Can PmWiki handle the following?

Ed @ Solid-us edbrown at solid-us.com
Mon Jun 5 14:23:13 CDT 2006

I've been browsing the PmWiki documentation and want to ask the group whether PmWiki can handle the following:

I have a website www.go-britain.com which is designed to provide information about Britian and sell British products. I'd like to get tot he position where others can contribute to the website and PmWiki appears to be the way forward for this. However I need to be able to control the editing of pages so that they only appear to thepublic once they are approved. Ideally I'd like to have the situation where the author could create a page and an editor approve the apge, if the page is later edited by the author then the editor has to approve the changes.

It would be good to allow other authors to add additional pages, or suggest changes to the pages but for the changes not to appear unless an editor has approved the changes.

Overall control needs to be available ot administrators for when editors change or staff leave.

Is it possible to include permenant links to things like shops, hotel bookings, and other things like google adwords? This is required to keep the income coming in to pay for the running of the site.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Are there any sites that do similar things?

I did look at the links pages and found a site covering the Llyn Peninsula but the pages on this site appeared to have had uncontrolled edits and there were references to a wide range of sites with some referring to porn sites wich would be unsuitable, one of the reasons for wanting control by editors (initially myself).

Ed Brown
www.go-britain.com
www.solid-us.com
0870 7511112