[pmwiki-users] Get referrer page?

Américo Albuquerque aalbuquerque at lanowar.sytes.net
Mon Jun 5 17:08:15 CDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
Subject: Re: [pmwiki-users] Get referrer page?
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 15:29:10 -0500
From: "Patrick R. Michaud"

 > On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 02:43:34PM -0400, The Editor wrote:
 > > I take this to mean there's no simple way to use a page variable or
 > > something that shows what page in the wiki, the user clicked over
 > > from. Rats! That could have had some creative uses.
 >
 > There's "not yet" a way to do it. I'm still planning to have
(...)

Actually there is. Using http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/TraceTrail

Just set $TraceCount=2 and use (:tracetrails:) on all pages. Pages
without the markup won't be saved and won't appear on the list.

The pages are saved on $_SESSION['trace'] as a list separated by '|'.

Setting $trace = explode('|', $_SESSION['trace']);
$trace[0] has the referer page and $trace[1] has the current page.

To stop the trail list from being displayed use $TraceTrailFmt = '';