[pmwiki-users] Session Cookie Problem

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jun 5 17:44:58 CDT 2006

On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 05:10:30PM -0400, Justin Shepard wrote:
> After doing some more investigation, I think I have figured out the
> difference between the problematic Wiki and the non-problimatic Wiki.
> When I upgraded the problematic Wiki to 2.1.7, I also turned on the
> notify feature and had PmWiki send email to myself and the Wiki's
> co-author.  I didn't turn on notify when I upgraded the
> non-problematic Wiki.
>
> When I turn off notify on the problematic Wiki, the problem described
> in my first email disappears, and when I turn on notify on the
> previously working Wiki, the problem occurs.  An important note is
> that just putting "$EnableNotify=1;" in local/config.php wasn't enough
> to cause the problem, I needed to add an email address to the
> Site.NotifyList page.  Once there was an email address, the problem
> manifested.

Veeeery interesting.  What OS is the site running under?

Also, for the site that is having trouble (i.e., the one with
$EnableNotify=1;), does it have a wiki.d/.notifylist file, and if so,
what does the first line of that file say?  (It should be two numbers.)

What browser are you using to access the site?

Also, can you turn $EnableDiag=1; back on so I can check a few things?

Thanks,

Pm