[pmwiki-users] Referring to WikiForms fields in conditional expressions

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Tue Jun 6 17:55:35 CDT 2006

On Wednesday, 7 June 2006 5:12 AM, Nick Bell <mail at nickbell.org> wrote:
>Hello! I'd like to use a conditional expression involving a WikiForm
>field, e.g. to display a block of text in a wiki page only if a
>WikiForm field is empty. Does anyone know if I can do this?
>
>Cheers
>
>Nick
>--
>Nick Bell

This might be possible using a view template and conditional markup.

Supposing your view template contains

(:if equal '<fieldname>' '':)your special text

The browse handler will substitute the <fieldname> with the
current value before processing the page.

If the field value is empty, the if will (should!) return true
and the message should appear.

You need to be using the latest version of wikiforms that supports
view templates.

Hope that makes sense.

--
JR