[pmwiki-users] New recipe, PmFeed 0.01

Chris Cox ccox at airmail.net
Tue Jun 6 19:13:46 CDT 2006

Roman wrote:

> (:pmfeed feed='http://www.ninremixes.com/shell/news.xml':)
> (:pmfeed feed='http://www.svo-nrw.de/rss/news.xml':)

> Feeds with "rich" item descriptions are quite common. Most often
> reasons to use them are links and/or more paragraphs. Try for example
> this feed in desktop reader and then in PmFeed. With stripping tags
> you lose lot of useful links.
>
> (:pmfeed feed='http://feeds.feedburner.com/NickBradbury':)

Go to the Cookbook/PmFeed page and try the pmfeed-test.php
file... see if that's any better.

Rick text is evil....  very evil.  It's like trying to
interpret everybody's hand writing.  Best bet is to
let it come in raw.. but I'll PROMISE you that it
will mess up your site.

Would be better to handle inside of a frame or something
to help protect PmWiki.  I'll look into that a bit.  Could
be difficult.  I'm not a believer in JavaScript... (the
hater of all who are visually disabled).

... but hey.. the pmfeed-test.php tries to do it a bit...