[pmwiki-users] More on @_site_edit.

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Jun 7 11:58:39 CDT 2006

On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 11:54:44PM -0400, Stirling Westrup wrote:
> Okay, the mystery deepens. It seems that @_site_edit /sometimes/ works.
>
> Here's what I did:
>
> 1) Some time ago I set up a pmwiki testbed for PM at:
>  http://pmwiki.pooq.com/wiki/Main/HomePage
>  [...]
>
> 2) I configured the testbed so that it has an admin password ('pmwiki')
> and a read password ('quick'), but otherwise left it with a stock
> configuration. Then I created a group called Private along with a
> Private.HomePage and set the read field of Private.GroupAttributes to
> @_site_edit.

Ahhh.  I'm not sure that @_site_edit works for group permissions;
I hadn't considered that possibility.  My thinking was that the @_site_*
passwords would typically used only on individual pages to circumvent
group passwords, not as group passwords to redirect one password
class to another.

So, I'm not sure it's a bug as much as it's "outside of the
planned behavior".  So maybe I need to adjust the planned behavior.