[pmwiki-users] RFC: BlogSimple2

Jon Haupt jhaupt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 12:39:30 CDT 2006

Hello,

I have been working on a revision of Hans's BlogSimple recipe which
follows these principles:

1. Automatic archive pages (using default text and pagelists)
2. Blog posts can exist in any group
3. Post title can be anything, no date necessary

The recipe is largely a rewrite of BlogSimple and features many
similar characteristics; most importantly, most of the functionality
is carried out using pagelists.  However, the principles above offer
additional layers of flexibility.

I've placed the recipe at the moment in the page
http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/BlogSimple2.

A working version of the recipe can be found at http://josquin.us.  My
posts are fairly mundane but it provides a way to see how the recipe
works.  Additionally, a test version of the blog can be found at
http://josquin.us/test2 which allows you to see how it might look
without having done anything except install the recipe and add one
post (http://josquin.us/test2/Test/Blah).

I'd be interested to know what you thought about the differences
between this recipe and BlogSimple.  I wasn't sure whether to place it
within the BlogSimple recipe or to create a new one; does it merit its
own page?  Or would listing it as an alternate solution be
appropriate?

Any other comments?

Jon