[pmwiki-users] navigate to nonexistent page?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Jun 7 14:12:58 CDT 2006

On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 02:37:01PM -0400, Andy Kaplan-Myrth wrote:
> I seem to have lost the functionality whereby PmWiki forwards requests
> for nonexistent pages to either the action=edit page or a page saying
> that no page exists by that name. Instead of forwarding me to a wiki
> page, it just returns a 404.
>
> Is that forwarding feature an option that I can turn on somewhere? Where
> is it governed? Did it change with version 2.1?
>
> I think this used to work, but I've made several changes over the last
> few days including installing modrewrite.dll for IIS, but I've tested
> this after taking out all my cookbooks and disabling modrewrite (and
> manually typing in the right urls, of course).

Yes, the behavior of "page not found" changed in 2.1.   Unfortunately,
IIS acts differently from Apache in its handling of 404 pages
returned from scripts.  Apache returns the 404 page back to the
browser, while IIS intercepts the page and substitutes its own
404 result.

Try setting the following in local/config.php:

    $PageNotFoundHeaderFmt = 'HTTP/1.1 200 Ok';

We should probably have something that detects when IIS is being
used as the server and chooses the appropriate value
automatically.  :-|