[pmwiki-users] Is there a note plugin?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Jun 7 22:36:02 CDT 2006

On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 09:16:11PM +0000, Pico wrote:
> Little, Charles <Charles.Little2 <at> BellSouth.com> writes:
> > > Where is (:markup:) defined?
>
> If you are asking where in the php files is the markup directive
> defined, I can't answer that ...

    scripts/stdmarkup.php

> ...but if you are asking about the
> documentation, here is what I
> can tell you:
> [...]
> The MarkupMasterIndex, which should be an index to distributed documentation,
> identifies no documentation page for the markup directive, lumps it together
> with (:attachlist:) under "Other Directives" and provides the
> following examples:
>
> (:markup:) [=...=]
> (:markup:)...(:markupend:)
> (:markup class=horiz:)...(:markupend:)
> (:markup caption='...':)...(:markupend:)
>
> So, where does the markup directive belong and what should we say about it?

I think it belongs in Page Directives.

> The TextFormattingRules page has a section on Escape Sequence that discusses
> [@...@] and [=...=] and, therefore, may provide a natural location for
> documenting the markup directive
> PmWiki/TextFormattingRules#EscapeSequence

It's not really an escape sequence, even though there's a version
that uses an escape sequence.  It's really a separate markup, and
I think it's a little too esoteric to belong in the TextFormattingRules.
So, PageDirectives seems like a more natural fit for the time
being.