[pmwiki-users] JHMP-Skin

Marc Cooper gmane at auxbuss.com
Fri Jun 9 04:37:06 CDT 2006

Bernd Wiemann said...

> I've been working on PmWiki for a couple of days, testing it - think
> it is a very good platform for the projects I'm planning.
>
> I've loaded and installed the beautiful JHMP-skin during your work on
> displaying the skin behavior itself.

You might want to take a look at it in Firefox, where the tabs look a
bit odd.

> I've tested it, changed some things
> in other php-scripts like the width of the edit window and than: the
> little search field on the right upper side doesn't work! The browser
> displayed "http://localhost/wiki?q=searchterm&submit.x=0&submit.y=0"
> and went to Main/HomePage instead of Site/Search like other skins do.

Yes, that's some weird code. For a working search:

1. Delete the <form> that's immediately after
   <!--PageHeaderFmt-->
2. Delete the corresponding </form>
3. Now, replace the line:

with

       <form class='wikisearch' action='$ScriptUrl' method='get'>
	<input type='hidden' name='action' value='search' />
	<input class='wikisearchbox' type='text' name='q'
value='search...'
	onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='search...';" onfocus="if
(this.value=='search...') this.value='';"  />
	</form>

That works. You lose the background colour of the banner, but that's the
least of your worries ;-) The colour is part of #wikihead, which was the
id of the <form> that was deleted. You can reinstate it by using a <div>
in place of the <form> that was removed above.

i.e.

Good luck.

--
Best,