[pmwiki-users] Login and multiple windows open

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jun 15 09:24:40 CDT 2006

On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 09:21:08AM +0200, OBUTEX / Hladůvka wrote:
> Hi,
> I was loggedin as Admin and had open 2 pages where only Admin has Read
> access.
> In one of the pages I logged in as an other user. This user could read
> the Admins pages while Admin's first page was open  .
> Is there any trick  how to disable  login  a user  until  other  user is
> logged in or automaticly logout the previous user?

Browsers don't normally keep track of each window separately --
they're all seen as the same application and session.  Thus, logging
in as an administrator in one window has the effect of giving administrator
privileges to all windows.

I think there's a way in PmWiki to have logging in as a new identity
force a logout of any previous identities, but I can't remember what
it is right now.  :-(