[pmwiki-users] Complaint department

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jun 15 09:59:49 CDT 2006

On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 03:54:33PM -0700, pmwiki at 911networks.com wrote:
> christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:
> > Did you remember to search for "(:title" rather than (:title?
> > (The ":" makes pmwiki return too many hits sometimes)
>
> Just searched for  "(:title" and found:
> 349 pages found out of 4079 pages searched
>
> Identical to searching: (:title and found:
> 349 pages found out of 4079 pages searched

Yes, I think this particular buglet was fixed
some time ago.

Also, keep in mind that it's not the ':' by itself
that is the problem -- it's when the ':' is preceded
by a word.  Thus (:title works, but Attach:title
won't work because the argument processor (ParseArgs)
treats it as an "Attach=title" argument.  In other
words, colons are treated the same as equals signs
for the purposes of processing arguments.