[pmwiki-users] Show result from an outside script

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jun 15 10:55:54 CDT 2006

On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 07:32:36AM +0200, Olivier Tourchon wrote:
>    I have a collection of scripts I use to generate information (list of
>    hosts on a subnet, administration tasks, ...).
>
>    I would like to include those scripts in my pmwiki.
>
>    My question is pretty simple actually, how can I call those scripts from
>    pmwiki, let them run then return their execution result to pmwiki, to show
>    it the pmwiki style ?
>
>    What wrapper can I use ? I mean when I call a page, let's say
>    "ShowMeWhoIsOnLine", I would like it to call a script named
>    ShowMeWhoIsOnLine.php.

It depends on how you want the output returned to the browser.
Getting something to happen in response to a page is usually a
variation of http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PerGroupCustomizations,
which describes how to call scripts for an entire group but can
also be used for per-page customizations.

Getting the output of the script to appear in a specific location on
a page is usually done by either page variables, markup, or
<!--file:...--> directives in a skin template.

    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PageVariables
    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/CustomMarkup
    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/SkinTemplates