[pmwiki-users] Permissions for "approve sites"

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jun 15 11:42:35 CDT 2006

On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 11:51:56AM -0400, Donald Z. Osborn wrote:
>    Somewhere in the upgrade (2.0 - 2.1.11) or the setting of passwords (user
>    & admin) all the URLs in my wiki were returned to a pre-approved status,
>    requiring "approve sites." The edit password (uses the "user" password)
>    will not perrmit approving the sites. Is there a setting for this
>    function?

First, double-check to see if your site was previously storing its
approved sites in the Main.ApprovedUrls page.  In 2.1 this was switched
so that PmWiki looks only in Site.ApprovedUrls by default.

If this is the case, then you should be able to simply copy the contents
of Main.ApprovedUrls into the Site.ApprovedUrls page and everything will
be "approved" again.

To answer the more general question -- restrictions on approving sites;
a person is allowed to approve a url if he/she has edit permission on the
Site.ApprovedUrls page.  So, setting the edit password for Site.ApprovedUrls
should allow authors to approve pages again.  If you want Site.ApprovedUrls
to have the same edit password as the entire site (i.e.,
$DefaultPasswords['edit']), then set the edit password for Site.ApprovedUrls
to be '@_site_edit'.